Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Proverbs 8

1. What Proverb is most applicable in your life today?

2. What Proverb is most difficult to understand?

3. What Proverb has the biggest lesson to learn?

3 comments:

  1. 1. Proverbs34
    Blessed is the man who listens to me,
    watching daily at my doors,
    waiting at my doorway.

    This is important to me more along the lines of patience. "watching/waiting" for wisdom. I have a lot of big decisions in life coming up and a lot of change and new great things that cause me to be even a better leader. I need to always remember to use wisdom and be on its doorway ready for more.
    ---------------------------------------

    2. Proverbs 22
    "The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old;

    I know that God is wise and has/had wisdom before he created the earth, but as the first of his works? so then did God create wisdom? God is wisdom? deeds of old? i assume that means creation. Just some thoughts...hmmmm
    ------------------------------

    3. Proverbs 35,36
    For whoever finds me finds life
    and receives favor from the LORD.

    But whoever fails to find me harms himself;
    all who hate me love death."

    Part of me in my mind says "who would ever hate or not want wisdom anyway" but then realize how many stupid and not smart people there are in the world that really do run from wisdom and stay away from it. It is true that Maturity and wisdom come hand in hand

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi love! I was going to comment on how wisdom is given a persona too! i found it interesting, how it says wisdom was at God's side rejoicing in his creation (that also means God did a wise thing in making creation! lol - i know its obvious that God is wise, but its cool for me at least to think about

    on wisdom, i can think of times when I wanted to do things and I didnt want to use wisdom because wisdom makes things more difficult some times, the wiser you are the more you are aware and responsible for your actions. a child can get away with things because they are not wise enough to understand, but an adult cannot get away with as many things because we are supposed to be wiser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. "I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence;
    I possess knowledge and discretion.
    wisdom is prudence, knowledge and discretion. i see this verse as kind of dissecting what wisdom is which helps me, because I like things spelled out in the Bible, it makes things easier to know what to do or work on honestly

    2. by me princes govern,
    and all nobles who rule on earth

    talking about wisdom, it sometimes bugs me when in proverbs it talks about the wisdom of rules and here where it ways all nobles who rule on earth , making it sound like all nobles govern by wisdom, which they dont. i think maybe cause we live in a society that doesn't have to trust government and in return they dont have to be trust worthy that I have a problem w/ this .

    3. wisdom is more precious than rubies,
    and nothing you desire can compare with her.

    I do want wisdom, but i desire many things more than wisdom a good amount of the time

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.